Friday, November 25, 2011

Why are so many people still against interracial dating/marriage?

20% of Americans are still against it. Why are so many people still against interracial dating/marriage?
How did you know it is 20%?


Just wonder how you know?Why are so many people still against interracial dating/marriage?
I don't know, maybe it's because they are not around people like that or they grew up thinking that. 20% sounds like a little bit but 20% of 300,million americans is 60 million and that is still a lot of people.





I'm not against it at all, I think that interracial dating/marriage is a beautiful thing as if any marriage is.
I guess most people are against it because a lot of people still follow the old ways for example black people = slave, that is after all what a lot of people thought. It is only recently has it changed for black and white to live among each other as equals. Now to be perfectly honest and no this is not me being racist. But it seems to me that the media mainly show that ';gangs'; etc terrorizing everything they can always seem to be black people now don't they ?. If a women looks on t.v and see's that she is obviously going to take the stereotypical view of '; Oh dear. I don't want to get involved in anything like that';. Now here is some information for you. I personally don't care what colour anyone is, whether there black/ white or even purple for gods sake. There still a person, what I don't agree with is biased laws favouring certain people for example and as i said before I'm not being racist just pointing this out. Did you know that a white person can get into trouble and blamed for racism for calling someone ****** ? such a simple word that is used so much. And yet if someone calls a white person a ';cracker'; its mild prejudice. This would be another reason on why people would be against interracial marriage. When things slowly become unbalanced for either race it slowly causes hate.
my mom is black and my dad is Mexican so i know first hand about this stuff. oh yeah, and my boyfriend is white. okay, people still stare at my parents, but they ignore it, which i love about them!





As for me and my boyfriend, black guys stare at me like ';is he really better than us black guys?'; and white girls look at my boyfriend kinda like ';I'm so bad you had to go for a black/mexican girl?';





it's still strange for me but me and my boyfriend are not ashamed one bit. We hold hands in public but don't flaunt it. We are totally comfortable with who we are and I think our relationship is just a little proof of that. I don't NEED to be with a black guy or a mexican guy.





Hope that helps?
love has no boundaries, no color or whatever people say. Though for some couples, date whoever you want, I have no problem with it.





';Hey, I'm not racist because I am marrying/dating a minority.';
Americans struggle with ethnic Identity because we are such a mixed society. So what happens is we are drawn to our ethnic roots, It gives us a Natural sense of belonging. Then instints to conserve our genetic DNA becomes important.
20% is not a big deal, that means 80% approves it. Do you think ALL Americans will approve on ONE thing ? not likely. I think you should be satisfied with those numbers, if not get over it.
Because they are stupid as hell. People need to learn to get over it. It still gonna happen the more they hate the more interracial couples will be together.
I still get looked at funny for being married to my husband who is Hispanic.


It's because these people can't let go of their old fashioned, nonsensical prejudices.
I have no idea. It's not their business who other people date. If it doesn't affect them in any way then they should stay out of other people's lives.
20% is a minority in my mind i willing to bet at any time there are 20% against just about any topic you could bring up
My opinion is that prejudice is really ignorance in disguise!


We are all God's children not matter the color of our skin.
there are so many racists, they can't see past ';looks'; so they give attitude and object
because evidently, the only people who are ever home to accept telephone polls are dumb hicks.
one word -- stupid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment