Friday, November 25, 2011

What do I need to do to end my marriage to a man who was married in mexico when he married me?

I have been married to a man from mexico for 7 years now, and I found out that he already had a wife and kids when he married me, and still does. How do i find out if ours was legal or not, or can i just walk away with our daughter and get an annulment?What do I need to do to end my marriage to a man who was married in mexico when he married me?
You really need an attorney on this one! Trust me, went through the almost same thing years ago with my ';wife';





No, you aren't married to this guy. But you really need a court order to prevent this from coming back and biting you in the butt down the road.





Take whatever proof you have to a family law attorney and ask for an annulment.What do I need to do to end my marriage to a man who was married in mexico when he married me?
sigh





and i got creamed with several thumbs down couple of days ago, for warning about this very issue. i would get an attorney.





here is the other post


lindsay said:


Mexican men that date American woman 鈥?do you think you would/could ever marry one even though their culture is different and they don鈥檛 speak your language but would be willing to learn or is it never the same as being with a Mexican girl?





4 days ago - 1 day left for voting





Answerer 1


ughhh i hate ppl who ask this ****!


who gives a **** about this????


its only RACE..we are all HUMAN!!


do ppl not understand that??


my fiance is mexican and im white.


4 days ago


Vote as Best Answer


4 Rating: Good Answer 1 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse





Answerer 2


at my age 45, i wouldn't becuase there's no way to know if he has a wifey and 7 kids in mexico.





why the thumbs down?





here in texas, these guys come here to work and they have families at home. they send their money home. i would hire a mexican national private investigator to check the guy out. and if you don't you're stupid.


3 days ago


Vote as Best Answer


0 Rating: Good Answer 1 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse





Answerer 3


My husband is mexican and I'm american. I never have to talk to mymother inlaw because all she speaks in spanish! Lol.


4 days ago


Vote as Best Answer


0 Rating: Good Answer 2 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse





Answerer 4


It can be a little difficult to adjust to someone else's customs and traditions because although many people might say it's not a ';big deal';, adjustmentsmust be made. But if you're in love and determined to adjust to each other then you shouldn't see that as an obstacle.


4 days ago


Vote as Best Answer


1 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse





Answerer 5


I think one of the couple will need to speak the others language otherwise how can they have a deep relationship if they cant understand each other.


Other than that I don't see any problem at all with any mixed race relationships.


4 days ago


Vote as Best Answer


0 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse





Answerer 6


if you love each other, race becomes meaningless


4 days ago


Source(s):


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>


Vote as Best Answer


1 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse





Answerer 7


thats just plain silly.. Of course it doesnt matter. What makes people different are their personalities not their race... ..


4 days ago



Talk to a lawyer. Consultation is free. Good luck. Took 7 yrs. to find out?
Since you have a child I highly suggest a annulment so it will be documented. The marriage is legal IF the marriage was filed at your local courthouse in your county you live in. You could simply walk away but having a child makes this a situation you need coverage on. You can get a annulment much cheaper than a divorce but like I said I would get it done for your good and the child. ALL marriage are legal in every country IF the marriage certificate was filed. Good luck and God Bless................
just rember that in your vows you said till (DEATH) do we part kill the dude
hook him up with criminal charges. The rest will be a cake walk for you.





Also, I don't know your situation, but you can put your child on a list that restricts anyone from getting your daughter a passport. You have to register through the Immigration service. I did this because my wife threatened to take my kids to El Salvador. Maybe that threat isn't there for you... just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment