Friday, July 30, 2010

Do I need to have a register marriage if I have a Nikah done?

Im not to sure and very confused, i am getting married in June.. and live in the UK, do i have to get the register marriage done first then a nikah?Do I need to have a register marriage if I have a Nikah done?
Yes you do. Suppose to follow the laws of the land if they do not contradict islam. Otherwise leave. This law doesn't conflict with islam.





The order doesn't' really matter. Most of the imams i've met in the U.S. want the legal marriage done before they will do the nikah. I've met some that are certified to conduct legal marriages....so they can do both at the same time.





Its at the discretion of whoever is conducting it.Do I need to have a register marriage if I have a Nikah done?
that's complicated. In Canada, if you do nikkah, the imam has to register the marriage for you. So it's all done in one shot.





Apparently you can do either one first. In that case, you should consider registering first for tax purposes, etc., since (I believe) it is advantageous for income tax purposes to be married (a portion of the higher wage earning person's income can be deferred on the other spouse...I think.) Also, it can take time to adjust insurance benefits too, so if you and your future husband register your marriage, you can get added to his insurance (or vice versa, depending on who has better benefits) and then by the time you're living together, everything should be set up inshallah.





Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
Either way around is fine but both have to be done. Even in a Muslim country such as Tunisia you still have to show you are legally married before you can rent a room together in a hotel etc.


You still have to prove you are legally married even though you are married in they eyes of Allah still we live in a world of legalities...
If u do a nikah, u r married in the eyes of your Allah and community (friends%26amp; families). but how does the law knows that ur married. what's the evidence? so u register as an evidence of ya marriage.


there is nothing unislamic about registering. u can do a nikah before u register.


Without registering, u r not legally married and this create legal problems.
I think you are a muslim when you used the word nikah, I am not a muslim but I live in an Islamic country and I know this : yes you have to get the register marriage done first before nikah and I am sure of it.





good luck
It doesn't matter which you do first, really. It's important, though, to do both, to protect the rights of both you and your spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment