Friday, July 30, 2010

Why don't men and women take marriage seriously anymore?

What ever happened to moral and true love? Working things out?Why don't men and women take marriage seriously anymore?
Because today, people base love on aesthetics and not character. Looks are enough to attract but character is the magnet that really holds a marriage together. I think for someone seriously seeking marriage, you both need to come to terms with where you want to be in 10 years, where you want to be in 20 years. What kind of parents will they make, what values will define their marriage. I think mostly people get married these days with not much thought of the future. They do it because they are only together for the fun times or out of loneliness, or both!





If someone would take the time to say will he make a good husband? instead of just saying yeah... Think! what is a good husband to you, what does it mean? Is helping you out around the house more important than that big game! Is helping you out around the house, a chore or a joy. Do they define love as sex, or as time spent together.





What kind of dad will he be. One who believes that parenthood is 90% womens work, or one who finds joy in helping raise their children. One who does his part of the dirty work. In fact, one who would always want to take on the dirty work, showing his love for his wife.





Today marriage %26amp; divorce, is as common as dating. Not to many care to think ahead. They just jump into it and if it works, great!. If not, then divorce. The girl I love is engaged to marry a bum. She is doing it out of loneliness. She has already been divorced because her ex-husband cheated on her. She is missing being married and a victum of rejection! She is going for what's quick and easy. I believe in my heart that this guy is a bum just using her %26amp; that she is setting herself up for a divorce. I wish she knew how I felt so that she could realize there is a real love out here for her. I know That I would be a wonderful husband to her and a great dad to our childrenWhy don't men and women take marriage seriously anymore?
I think a lot of people take marriage seriously. What has changed is that divorced women are no longer socially destroyed. The primary cause of divorce is adultery by MEN. In the 50s, even if you divorced your husband because of his adulterous behavior or abuse, you were punished by friends, family and society.
I have asked the same question before and i really feel like marriage is a joke to the people of my generation. i have friends that have threesomes with other married couples, my husbands old friends used to flirt with me, i knopw tons of people who have cheated on their spouses, my husband cheated, WHERE are the morals these days?





Marriage is a sacred and wonderful thing to share with your partner and so many people do not cherish it or value it. It's truely made a mockery of now a days. IMO don't get married if you aren't going to take care of it.
I think is still exists, but it is a choice. With common-law taking over most places, some people do not feel a need to get married because they have the exact same rights as married people.





I believe in marriage totally. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we plan on getting married. I think people should not rush into it though because they must realize that it is going to be a lot of work and compromise. I do not however believe that abuse and adultery are the only outs.





The number one cause of divorce is actually money. Money can cause a lot of fights because people usually dont have enough to cover everyone's WANTS. People need to plan ahead and make sure the husband and wife both get what they each want from time to time.
Well do morals make you happy?





Can you believe in marriage FOREVER and never getting divorced...well what if you are deeply unhappy, abused, mistreated, cheated on etc then personally speaking I don't think good morals would see me through a life of that.





Is it not human to make mistakes?...God can forgive (so they say!) or is that only when it suits?
it still exists... sometimes it just takes mistakes, to find it.. I and my husband are truly IN LOVE, And we talk about everything..And if one of us feels like the other is being a bit short... we tell each other that too... kindly, without yelling, and making things worse..I take my marriage very seriously, but you are right. It seems that, sadly, people rarely do anymore..
Hey, look at who we all use for our examples! It's Hollywood. They don't take marriage seriously, and we all know that all the TV shows we watch is just a reflection of real life! So why should we take it seriously!!





Hmmm...Do you really think the people in Hollywood are happy? NOT!
Because they don't have to.


Why don't people pay their bills or their taxes anymore?


Same problem.


Erosion of the moral fabric that holds our society together.


Too much greed.


Too little love.
I dont know about ';other women'; but I take marriage very seriously!





Only grounds for divorce


Abuse


cheating





everything else can be worked out





no one ever said marriage was going to be easy
I think media also takes a huge chunk out of society's morality these days when it comes to marriage.





I take it very very seriously, and I know my husband does as well
Well, since divorce came into play women don't have to work things out because they can get half of everything plus a nice monthly check.
People haven't taken marriage seriously since the church forced their ideas on us 1000 years ago.
That is still very much alive and well for many people-myself included.
i took mine seriously but he cheated. what can i say.
The men and women I know take marriage seriously.
because woman dont

No comments:

Post a Comment