Friday, July 30, 2010

What was the reason for Muhammad's marriage to Aisha bint Abi Bakr?

Can you provide sources, please?





Thank you.What was the reason for Muhammad's marriage to Aisha bint Abi Bakr?
This is the closest thing I could find to a ';reason';





Narrated 'Aisha:


Allah's Apostle said to me, ';You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.''; (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)What was the reason for Muhammad's marriage to Aisha bint Abi Bakr?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) married Lady Aisha (may God bless her soul) at a young age in order to train her closely to all the teachings of Islam needed in the daily life of a Muslim, then being young, she'd be able to live long enough after the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) dies to transfer those teachings to another generation which didn't attend the life of the Prophet, and this is what actually happened.


However, some non-Muslims think he married her when she was still a child, and this is totally incorrect.


Girls at hot-weathered countries grow up faster than girls in colder weather, I myself have an aunt who became an adult lady at the age of 9 years old.


Hence, prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) married Lady Aisha (may God bless her soul) - who was the daughter of his best friend, neighbor and first believer Abu Bakr - at the age of 6 years old (after a revelation from God to do so), but she stayed at her parents place and they didn't start any marital relations before she was a fully grown up adult lady (and this happened to be at the age of 9 years old for her) and moved in with him, and this sort of postponed marriage to young ladies was common at the time.


Aisha (may Allah bless her soul) was the only virgin prophet Muhammad ever married (all the others were widows or divorcees) and she did live long enough after he passed away (peace be upon him) and transfered a lot of knowledge to both men and women about many aspects including directions for handling intimate details of daily life.


Find the whole story in English at:


http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/44990


Find answers to people claims that the noble prophet (peace be upon him) was a pedophile at:


http://www.mohammad-pbuh.com/3/youngaish鈥?/a>


Find details about the age, timing and ceremony of Aisha marriage to the noble prophet (peace be upon him) at (in Arabic):


http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/fatwa/ShowF鈥?/a>


Find more about Islam at:
how important is that in your life ?

No comments:

Post a Comment