Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you oppose or support same sex marriage?

I am writing a paper on the evolution of American attitude towards same sex marriage and want your feedback. Do you support Gay Marriage? Only civil unions? Or not at all?Do you oppose or support same sex marriage?
I support both gay marriage and civil unions. I agree with those who say that, if Britney Spears and her boyfriend can legally get married with benefits anywhere in this country, there's no reason why two men or two women who have been in a committed relationship with each other for months, years, or decades on end shouldn't have that option.





To say nothing of the fact that, if our government can deny gay couples their right to wed on some trumped-up technicality, they could probably deny any of us any of our civil rights on some trumped-up technicality at any time!Do you oppose or support same sex marriage?
i support:)
I LOVE gay marriage!





to equality, and beyond!
Well, when you think about it, Gay people are allowed to be together as in 'Partners', and the marriage term is not used. I personally support the idea of same-sex marriages. Shouldn't we all be allowed to marry, regardless of who we are or who we fancy.
well yeah but this is kinda a biased place to ask dont you think?
before you get angry...i oppose but dont dislike gay people..my OPINION is a civil union..with same benefit as marriage..they need to have this for straight people too..see for a year if your ready to mix money and family ect before the decision to marry...
I oppose it. BUT...hear me out.





I oppose marriage all together. I think it's basis as a ';holy sacrament'; or a ';religious sanctity'; is kind of stupid. I'm an atheist for one thing so I don't believe in a religious affiliation with marriage. I also don't believe a piece of paper is going to strengthen a bond I have with someone.





I get that marriage is beneficial for tax purposes, rights to next of kin, etc etc, but I think the whole idea of marriage is just ridiculous.





I think we should ALLL have ';civil unions'; or ';domestic partnerships'; and do away with marriage all together. For straight people, gay people, everyone. I think everyone should have the right to live and cohabitate with whoever they want without feeling the need to get ';married';. I think people living together that have formed a committed relationship, give it say, 5 years or something, should be allowed to have domestic partner benefits.





I think that's important because it would include other groups that don't receive benefits currently available to married couples currently, such as kids that take care of an elderly parent, senior citizens living together that don't get married due to social security loopholes, people taking care of disabled children, foster parents, domestic partners, etc.





Or...if we want to ban gay marriage on this whole argument of the ';sanctity of marriage'; then we should also ban divorce.
Yes I support gay marriages. But you also need to repost this somewhere else to get other ppls opinions. Good luck on your paper.
Yes, I support gay marriage. It would be weird if I didn't, wouldn't it?
Well, I'm not American, but I definitely support it.
I oppose it.
I support the idea of same-sex marriage as a whole, because if it's given to straight people there's no reason it shouldn't be given to gay people.





But aside from that? I don't support marriage as an institution. It's flawed, it's revered for something that it isn't, and in this day and age it's not nearly as ';holy'; and ';traditional'; as conservatives want to believe it is. Not only that, it is inherently heterosexual and patriarchal for a variety of different reasons.
marriage should be kept religious


if their religion supports it then by all means allow it. government should have no say.





civil unions should be allowed for everyone.
100% support it. btw im not American, im British .


Also this is a biased place to post it so maybe you should try post it again in Polls and Surveys to get a broader range of answers.
I opposed at this moment coz there are some problem that might encounter in same sex marriage
I oppose it, whatever happened to opposites attract? men and women are opposite therefore they should attract, penis goes with vagina not penis with penis that's ******* disgusting
oppose, this nation needs to get it's priorities right , the gays have had their day in the sun.
  • moisturizing cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment