Friday, July 30, 2010

Why are so many people against gay marriage?

I'm not homosexual so im not biased in my opinion. I still cant figure out why so many people would want to deny a happy couple marriage. Shouldn't they have equal rights like everyone else? People protest this **** like it will be the end of the human race. What are you afraid of??? Seriously, name one bad thing about a gay couple being married.





Thanks.Why are so many people against gay marriage?
Homophobes for christ I suppose - great having a ready made religious reason to justify your own biggotry....Why are so many people against gay marriage?
They can still get married in certain Churches, I don't understand why they need the government to officially recognize it before they can be happy





Anyway, most of them are against it not because they want to deny someone happiness, but because they don't like the idea of the government officially blessing off on a gay marriage. Wouldn't you feel just a little bit queasy if the govt officially sanctioned incestuous marriages, polygamous marriages, and marriage between a human and an animal?





In all those cases (except for the last) you can also argue that if the people are consenting adults, the government shouldn't interfere.





I have a better idea overall - just get government out of the marriage business altogether. Marriages should be a religious function only. There's no reason for the state to be involved. That would solve the problem for all.
So hypothetically I can marry my sister now? We are both over 18. We are NOT a couple for the record. We don't even live in the same city(heck don't even live in the same State as my other sister but she's married so that would ruin the point even more). Hypothetically though what if my sister and I were a couple and wanted to marry. Would you defend that right? Most who want to defend same-sex or homosexual marriage likely WON'T defend that right.Yet it would simply be an adult couple. I could name other cases. People want marriage to be between one man and one woman. People also see marriage as a religious institution. So the real question is why don't homosexuals argue to get Civil Unions to be the same as marriage and then argue to have all the same rights that way? Personally I think all marriages BY THE STATE should be Civil Unions, let the religious institutions declare marriages.
It states in the Bible that men who lay with other men will not inherit the treasures of heaven. I am not afraid of it but I will not compromise my thinking. I am not a religous person, I am a christian who believes what the bible tells me. I am not divorced but am happily married to the same man for 12 years. I will not stand in protest against it I will not stand in lobby for it. It is not my place to judge these people, I try to live my life according to the Word. I believe everyone should be happy but also in obedience to God. If they do not believe in God then I suppose happy will be good enough for them for now. When people protest against something so fervently it is usually because they do not understand it or as you said are afraid of it.
Marriage is a religious ceremony ';joining a man and woman in holy matrimony';...it is not a civil right.





Most religions condemn homosexuality...why would they want to take a ceremony straight from a religion that condemns their very life style?





Marriage is not a civil right, it's a religious ceremony.


Homo sexuality is not a civil right, it's a preference.





I don't think there's anything wrong with a ';civil union';...if the law in the state it occurs in deems it legal.





I'm not afraid of anything, I have several friends that are gay...





I just don't think this is a civil rights issue.









I will get thumbs down for this one. I for one am against homosexual marriage because it is threatening the morals I am trying to teach my kids. Homosexuality is not okay and it is not normal. No I am not teaching them to be haters either. Just because I disagree with the lifestyle does not make me a hater. I have friends who are gay. Reproductive organs were created for reproduction. Two men or two women can not do that together. Yes I am a christian and I TRY to base my life on the principles set forth in the bible. No where in that does it say it is acceptable to be homosexual. In fact it calls it unnatural.
Many people are against it because it goes against their interpretation of God. Some might even feel victimized by it. For whatever reason, they are only able to accept their beliefs and no one else's. These people remind me of anyone who uses God to condemn others. We stole and murdered thousands of Indians in order to create a country based on religious freedom and equality. As for The Bible, it doesn't mention gay marriage or two women having sex. It denounces two men having sex, along with a man and woman having sex out of marriage. This was determined by people before churches and weddings when women were stoned if they had sex out of marriage. Gays were murdered as they were in the Holocaust and continue to be in certain countries. I believe these early interpreters of God tried to establish the best sexual ideals they could at that time for society. I thank God much of that has changed today and will, God willing, continue to change as we grow and learn. God bless us all!
Let me first start off by saying I do not agree with gay marriage at all!!! I am a straight Black Christian. That being said,your question is 100% VALID. And here's why. At some point in the last 400years a white man(the only ones with any power)had to ask another white man, ';How does this Black Man becoming free hurt your freedom in any way?'; Much the way I will ask the Christian nay-sayers here. HOW DOES ALLOWING 2 GAY MEN OR WOMEN TO MARRY AFFECT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, OR WITH YOUR HUSBAND OR WIFE? (please be as specific as possible without being graphic) The argument that God doesn't like it really DOESN'T hold water. God said he gives his people free will,which by making this law we have stripped. I just have a problem when the imperfect human gets to decide which laws of the Bible we will make State%26amp;Fed laws %26amp; which we won't. What about ban on Divorce since God also doesn't care for that much. Or how about infedelity, that's shunned or pre-marital sex. I got the solution, lets make all of it illegal that way the Christians get a Bible based society, we can levy fines against the new law breakers thus no tax hikes, EVER. And gay people will get some form retrobution watching millions of people formally against them being arrested%26amp;fined just for living their lives. OR, we can just not make any of them laws%26amp;let people be ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS.
people are ignorant.





i guarantee most of the people that are against it have probably had a divorce, so if they say its for the ';sanctify of marriage'; then they are just hypocrites.





what they don't realize is that homosexuals already get married in churches and other places, they are just trying to get the legal rights a spouse has. has nothing to do with the religious aspect of marriage.
Religion, The Bible is strongly against homosexuality.





How can a Christian be blamed for what they strongly believe in, and what they've been tought they're whole life? If you're an atheist then I see why you'd be confused b/c you're ignorant of many religious beliefs.





Also it goes against nature, likes can't reproduce. It goes against the home, raising a ';family'; with 2 dads or 2 moms can have a very negative effect on children. It's a twisted idea and practice. Heterosexuals are the normal ones. And calling someone homophobic is rediculous.
hate and ignorance borne of poor education is the cause of most of it.





the highest voting counties for Prop 8 were also the counties with %26lt; 10% of people with a bachelors degree.





imagine that.
It is Religion. Before the advent of modern religions, human beings did not go to war over god, kill for god and hate for god. Religion is not for the mellow or the free thinker.
So for all the posters that think gays should be happy with ';civil unions';. Separate but Equal, why does that sound so familiar?
Because of religion.








Religion poisons the mind.
  • moisturizing cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment