Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you find that weddings and preparing for marriage is a pain?

I have a question is for those of you that are getting married and those of you that are married do you find or did you found that preparing for a wedding and preparing for marriage was a pain in the rump?





Do you think weddings are for show and a waste of money?


I had a semi formal relaxed wedding but if I could do it all over I would have gotten married in the mountains with my pastor and a few witnesses.





Too many cooks spoil the broth I have the prividge of renewing my vows in the fall with peace and quiet and without interference of contention as I had when we first we married.





What is the REAL pupose of a wedding anyway. Isnt it more important to be married and stay married? Without all the hoopla and brew ha-ha and fuss?





What is your take on this?Do you find that weddings and preparing for marriage is a pain?
I am planning my own wedding for april of 2008 and so far so good. I think since I started planning early it is going smoothly so far. I think some people do waste a lot of money on their weddings. People with 200 or more guests I think is just not necessary. It is about becoming one and having people you love be there. So our wedding is going to be small and intimate. I think having a wedding is nice though. To share that special day with the ones you love. Some people just try to show off and have these over the top wedding and I think they mostly end in divorce.Do you find that weddings and preparing for marriage is a pain?
I do think weddings are a waste of money. Especially those that are on TV. I've never been married, but if I ever do marry anyone, I want a small wedding. I want to prepare the meals myself all but the cake. I want the wedding to be in a small church with only my family members. If my future husband wants to have his friends, that's fine. But I personally don't have any friends to invite. And I don't want music or a D.J. or dancing or anything like that. I don't want a fancy place either. Just plain and simple. I want to prepare all the food and eat it outside in a pavilion. I am NOT hard to please. And my family doesn't have the money to pay for my wedding anyway.
wedding are a total waste of time! we're getting married next week, my parents were the one's planning it and there are going totally over the top i think it's more for them to impress others then celebrate me and my partner. It's not what we wanted at all and we're so upset with it, we just want to be married!
Nope! I'm having the BEST time of my life. I wouldn't miss this opportunity for anything!





I marry my sweetie October 20 07
I personally find it exciting and a little scary to think I'll be living a basically differet life...a wedding is a formal point which marks that transition. As someone else said, it's only a waste of money if it isn't what you want...that's where assertiveness comes in...we're planningt he wedding WE want, so when we look back on it, as you have, we won't be feeling sorry we spent the money or like it was a pain...





Ive been involved in the catering business for a long time, and I just love planning parties and things, so this is more up my alley that it would be for some others. I just enjoyt seeing people get together and having fun...and if I can marry the man of my dreams to boot, well, what could be better than that?
Oh my goodness YES!!! I'm getting married 08/08/08 and the fact that I'm planning it 1000 miles away from where it will be held does NOT help either!!! I never realized everything you had to worry about and think about and how expensive everything is!!! Its like they find out its for a wedding and all the sudden a cupcake is 5bucks a piece!!!? Makes no sense to me!!! But the reason I want a ceremony and reception is because I want to make my parents happy and in my eyes it doesn't seem real unless there is something ceremonial about it. Also the reception (where most of the money is getting sucked into) is going to be a big party!!! Its not about a formal stuffy sit down dinner or showing off its about sharing time and dancing the night away with my very large family and friends who I don't get the chance to see that much living 16 hours away from my hometown! So in answer to your question YES it is such a pain!!! I'm already having little panic attacks over certain things and I basically have 11 months left. I expect more to come lol. But I think a lot of it is worth it. You can nag about how much it costs and how much trouble it all is but its a pain in the rear because you want to make sure everything's perfect...that's you putting the strain on yourself...so I can ***** about it...but its exactly what I asked for.
I have to be honest. I always said that I never going to marry, I said so many times that even my parents take it as a fact. I also used to say that I will never spend more than 5,000 in a wedding and I use to defend my point saying that it was a waste of money and time. That most of the time guest don't even appreciated and they got bored in weddings( I use to hate attend weddings founded them extremly boring)





Now that I met my fiancee I can't imagine not having a wedding. I tried to make it small but we already past 10,000. And I am so excited about it all the time that my friends said that they don't recognize me. I 've been enjoy all the process


and my wedding is going to be in Puerto Rico where all my family and friends are and I live in NY, so you can tell the trouble is double as I have to travel frequently to assure everything is going perfect.





But as someone said above, I would never miss this opportunity. It's just feel great!!!
Weddings are only a waste of money if it's not really what the bride and groom want.





I respect that some people want a huge ceremony and include everyone they know and some people think it needs to be small.





So whatever works for the couple is the way it should be.
I'm not getting married but i'm bout to get engaged and i'm so excited to plan out my wedding and everything. i think its exciting and a great experienced to look forward to. i have already started doing research and its so much fun. i think everyone should be thrilled to plan thier wedding its a once in a lifetime thing.
I am currently planning my wedding for november next year and I am not finding it a pain, in fact, it is an exciting and fun experience that I am glad I am doing. I like to go to a wedding and look at the details and see how these relect or represent the couple and see how much thought they have put into their wedding.


No I do not think weddings are for show and a waste of money. What you are paying for is a public celebration of your love and marriage. Weddings are also a thing for friends and family to celebrate you getting married at so not having a wedding you deprive them, especially the parents, as well as yourselves of having a proper celebration in my personal opinion. Some people do like big flashy wedding (mine is formal but not heaps expensive) and if they want to pay for it then they are well within their rights and who is anyone else to judge their choice of wedding celebration? The same goes for small weddings, some couples might just prefer this and again it is up to the couple. The purpose of a wedding is to celebrate your marriage with your friends and family, no matter how you decide to do it. Obviously you prefer small if not no wedding and that is fine because it is your preference but other people can have it different so you should not judge or look down upon, as you have here, their choice of marriage celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment