Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is premarital counseling a must for couples before marriage?

Marriage counseling is not required in the states that I am knowledgeable of. It will help you with the ups and downs of real married life. It will give you ideas on how to work out problems you might have in the future.





It is better to get counseling before marriage, than after you get married. There is a lot more to marriage than meets the eye.





I wish that my spouse and I had gone to premarital counseling, it sure would have saved lots of anger and, heartaches. Not to mention the stress and the extra money you will have to pay. (Takes more time to work out problems than to learn to prevent them.)





Good luck.Is premarital counseling a must for couples before marriage?
Imagine that you are going on your honeymoon to Cancun. You probably are inclined to find out as much about Cancun, the sights, the acitivities, and places to stay as possible beforehand.





Same goes for marriage, and counseling. Attending a session might give you information or situations to discuss that you previously had not thought of.





Ever wonder why they don't have post-marital counseling?Is premarital counseling a must for couples before marriage?
For some religions it is a pre-requisite to get married. But its not a LAW that says you have to do it.





However, IMO everyone should take pre-marital counseling and a course before they sign the paper. You can find out a lot of things (as long as both are 100% honest in answers) about the person that may make you think ';hmmm maybe he/she is not the one I want to be with....';
I don't think it is. My husband had it with his first wife. There marriage was annulled.( He caught her in bed with another guy). We didn't have counseling and we have been married for 5 years. I think if you get married in a church they require you to get counseling. I personal don't think that it will determine or help anything.
I think it is really up to the couple. Everyone should have enough logic to determin if it is the right thing. I know it is easy to get caught up in the passion of things but that is why we have logical brains as humans.





I AM IN THE PLAYPEN WITH MILDRED
I think its a very good idea. Although I don't think most couples who are told to wait probably wont. People who need premarital counseling are imo the ones who are more likely to ignore warning signs..
I believe so, marriage is a big adjustment and counseling is the perfect way to talk about everything before the wedding.
yes you should do this before getting married it helped me and my wife a lot....... i would recommend it to you
I believe it's a must in a Catholic church.
No, but some religions require it.
No, it is not a must bit it sure does help!
It is a good thing.........

No comments:

Post a Comment