Saturday, August 21, 2010

Should couples and children counseling be mandatory before marriage in cases involving blended families?

In my 20-years of working with fathers, I've seen the problems that result from not taking the time to address the various issues that can arise from blending families.Should couples and children counseling be mandatory before marriage in cases involving blended families?
Probably wouldn't hurt.





I personally think anyone who gets married needs extensive counseling, financial counseling, etc.





Not the 2 sessions you go to with a priest or those stupid classes the states mandates. Dumb. If the people can't afford the counseling, they certainly don't need to be thinking of getting married.Should couples and children counseling be mandatory before marriage in cases involving blended families?
George, I think it's a wonderful idea. However, in my current situation, I was already a mother to one (2 year old) and whenever my husband and I got married I was pregnant with my 2nd his 1st. Not being rude here, but how do you think that situation should be handled? My son, can't talk full sentences, but when he needs to get his point across he does. I honestly believe that it would be an awesome idea for the parents of blended or mixed families to get counseling, but children usually accept anything that's handed to them..Make sense?
Yes I think that would be a great idea. Maybe then there would be a lot less divorces too. If people had to really think about what they were about to do, most might not get married to start with, or at least there will be a professional there to bring a little sense to the table.





I think that would be a good idea and I am going to see what my lawyer says about it too. Maybe I can make my ex-wife go to some kind of counseling for kidnapping my children and moving to TX, ha ha. I think all stupid people should be forced to get help.





Have a great day and God bless.
I say if your willing to to marry someone with a family it's in the best interest for you to put some effort in making sure you go in with some clues of what to look forward too. Its one step that can help to save a relationship in some way shape or form with practically everyone divorcing do to not Knowing what their getting into cause we all know there no manuals what's the harm in making it mandatory to putting a little work into a relationship before taking the big step. In other words Yes make it mandatory....
Yes. I agree 100% with The Captain. There would be so many saved marriages and a lot of divorces would not be happening if they took some counseling, That includes me in the counseling. As a matter of fact, I am challenging myself to do that in case I decide to remarry.
george, the idea coming from someone like you, is very much benefical to all concerned, not just to mixed/blended families, but also to the first-time couples, moreso, when they have children.





great idea
I believe it should be. But any person on her/his clear mind would agree with. First it would help prepare for future conflits and it can also serve as an eye opening for the couple to know is that is what they really want.
you have to take a class before you divorce..i know because i had to do that because of children being involved..but what your talking about is not a bad idea..yeah i think they should.it just not men ..it is the woman to.
Good idea, it could save many marriages and the children would be informed on what is going on.
That would be a wonderful idea too bad people don't think of it maybe if it was free people would go! good one buddy!
no it should not

No comments:

Post a Comment