Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How quickly do I have inform by bank, school, job etc. about my name change after marriage?

I also want to know if I'll have to get a new social security card. Would I risk any legal problems if I wait a while before informing them?How quickly do I have inform by bank, school, job etc. about my name change after marriage?
You should notify your bank, school, job, etc within 90 days of your name change. After that amount of time, most places will question why you waited so long.





Yes, you will have to apply for another SSN card. You'll need your marriage certificate as proof of the new name. It's a free change; your old number is just reissued under your married name, for example...Miss Mary Jones is now Mrs. Mary Green. The application can be printed out from the Social Security webpage sourced below. This will also ensure that your taxes are paid to the proper name.How quickly do I have inform by bank, school, job etc. about my name change after marriage?
You're welcome %26amp; thanks for the best answer choice.

Report Abuse



To Shelty K on searching for former classmates....Use classmates.com and reunion.com to find them. Search with their maiden name, that is the name they had in high school in the yearbooks.

Report Abuse



classmates.com asks for maiden name in high school when registering. I'm currently registered there %26amp; have been able to locate several married friends by using the name from the yearbooks.

Report Abuse



Why change your name at all?





Many women continue to be known by their own name without losing their identity to a marriage. Banks don't care about your name if the account is yours. Social Security cards can be maintained as can drivers license and all other documents.





Some women do change their names but the cost to the taxpayer over all for this reissue is quite high.


The other factor in all this is that women become invisible, that is if someone seeks you say from your c]schooldays there is no trail for them to follow. I have tried many times to find friends who I knew at school and in the service or at med school for reunions and other events that i am sure they would have loved to come to. All dead ends, because of the silly act of of name changing in marriage. They have become the invisible society!
keep your own last name its easier

No comments:

Post a Comment